Monday, March 19, 2012

Granola Balls- No bake!

Homemade granola bars are a huge hit in our household (and by huge hit I mean that straight out PANIC occurs when we are down to the last few bars, keeping them in regular stock in the cupboard) so when stumbling across these on Pinterest, I knew they would be a new favorite (and boy was I right! :)

Ingredients:

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine all of the ingredients in a medium to large bowl (use a large bowl if you plan on doubling your batch, which I will definitely be doing next time), then cover and let chill in the fridge for 30 min. Once chilled, roll into balls, whichever size you prefer. Store in an airtight container for up to a week, but believe me, you won't need to worry about if they'll be gone in a week's time!

In the future, I might play around with swapping out the chocolate chips for butterscotch or vanilla chips or adding other nuts or dried fruit. These are the perfect go-to snack or dessert and it took me all of 5-10 minutes to make them (besides the 30 min. of chill time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment